Sunday, April 22, 2007

Will you....?


Will you dance with me on all kinds of roads?
Will you hold my hand against a life tide’s force?
Will you laugh with me over life’s ironies?
Will you cry with me over tragedies?

Will you let me in your life? Will you share
Your darkest fears and your cares?
Will you stay with me even if we succeed?
Or is it only failure that anchors us deep?

Will you get angry and then say sorry?
Or will you exercise control till you leave me?
When I make mistakes, will you punish then forgive me?
Or will you pretend to forget, then continue to blame me?

When you are in need will you trust me?
Or will you protect me, patronize me?
When life gets too much will you, for a short while, shelter me?
And when I am strong again will you lure me out to face reality?

Will you hold my hand against a life tide’s force?
Will you dance with me on all kinds of roads?
Will you, in us, believe?
Will you be the friend I so direly need?



- Written on 22 April 2007.

2 comments:

Easwar Subramanian said...

Wow!!!!
I need to know what inspired to write this piece..
This is very traverses a relationship..
'Will you stay with me even if we succeed?
Or is it only failure that anchors us deep?
'

Hats off!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!
i loved it! Is there a copyright.....i'd like to buy the rights ;) i'm
so glad u r writin again