Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Day Out



My cousin and I met after many days.
We decided to catch a movie to celebrate.
The movie was entitled The Departed.
This Scorsesen movie was very well enacted.

The theme was cops and robbers
I expected fear and tears but not much humour.
But it was laughter all the way with no moralistic sermons.
Surprisingly, the cops were shown as mostly good humans.

Before and after the movie, we walked the town streets
Or wandered aimlessly, to put it more aptly.
We walked, not always in tandem, as we chatted,
Teasing comments, as is custom, spouted.

Walked me poor legs for hours he did
And then had the audacity to claim I had a limp!
Saw my spectacles and decided arbitrarily
Large frames are for freaks.

A day out with my cousin brother,
To many such more I look forward.
Just want to say bro, “Thanks for your caring ways,
And hope you don’t mind being damned with faint praise.” ;)


- Written on 10 November, 2006.
- Well it was written on a scrap while traveling back home and since I found it now thought I might as well continue the torture.
- Dharam, beware! Such scraps are more common than even you might tolerate ;)
- Everybody else relax. I am too lazy to type all that crap. I mostly throw them away.

1 comment:

Easwar Subramanian said...

Those frames were humongous..it covered 1/3rd of your face!!!

:)

Hey good work...nice...u actually scribled this on your way back??
Very nice!!

Hats off again...How many hats do I need??