Friday, August 19, 2016

Thank You, Cousin-friends

Friday evening the excitement was sky high,  
In the Amtrak, I saw wonderful scenes whiz by, 
But more I looked forward to the hugs awaiting me home, 
A long time in the coming, this visit so rejuvenating, 
The smiles of welcome, the breeze shooting, 
The smells and taste of pav bhaji, 
The more delicious conversing,  
The sibling teasing witnessing, 
The cozy relaxing, 
The late morning awakening, 
The tea in the mug, I'd never thought I would do,
The dances, the walk, the phone call, so much to look back to, 
The lunch, the evening carnival outing, 
The suitcase and swimsuit!, the swimsuit! buying!
The Hibachi dinner, the fire, the chef's verve, 
Poor unwell M..v, but then the reviving  icecream scoop, 
The beach and pizza the next day, 
My conventional attitudes fell to your rational say, 
The cold water, the warm summer rays, 
The ball game, the swing, the ice-cream again, 
The drive through town, the library's riches, 
The grilled dinner, the movie, serial, fulfilling all my wishes,
The care with milk and sugar for my tea,
The non existent parade, the American Diner Coffee, 
The Chole Bature, the fun kid games, the story weaver, 
The pizza, the sheer lazy day, the beauty of nature, 
The next day a gossip session, but more the warmth of cousins, friends, 
So many mementos, each moment a treasure, 
Of beautiful memories of overwhelming pleasure.

- Wtitten on 1 June 2016.
-Sometimes when I am feeling low,  I need a reminder, 
That I am blessed with much, family and friends who make my life so much better, 
I get this all without doing anything, 
It make life worth 'truly living'. 

Thank YOU,  cousin-friends :) 

No comments: