Friday, August 19, 2016

Thank you, Friend

[28/05 5:14 am] Anusha Ramanathan: 

Oh what fun I had with the 4 of you, 
The banter, the chatter, the caringly carefree attitude, 
The fact that you waited an hour and more, 
As immigration processed frustratingly slow, 
The fact that you drove out at all, 
The fact that you took time to become my shop girl on call, 
The fact that you made rotis at 12,
That Sudarshan waited past sleep time to welcome and help, 
The fact that my lazy morning breakfast was work you brushed past, 
The fact that whatever I wished for, I immediately got, 
The tea, awesome, the ice cream welcome, 
The magic of the washer-drier I cannot yet overcome, 
The playground interior so amazing, 
The Amazon and Apple stories, the many moments of laughing, 
The kids' puzzles, the effort they made, 
The shyness they quickly overcame, 
The cuddles they gave, the warmth still lingers, 
The "bumpy" road ride, the "car wash" criers, 
The memories jump at me one after another, 
The awesomeness of your friendship: what a wonderful treasure!


Thank You!

- Written on 28 May 2016. 
- This was a WhatsApp message I'd written to my friend.  I am posting it here because I do not want to lose track of the truth it contains as to how very, very much my friends enrich my life even as I do nothing and how very,  very,  very blessed I am indeed.  
Thank YOU,  S. 

No comments: