Friday, August 19, 2016

My Feel Safe Bed and Home

Recently I read an article forwarded,
It spoke of a safe space that comforted.
It articulated all that I’ve ever felt,
About protection from the hand life dealt.

My home is not always comfortable,
Quite a bit about it, in it, is undesirable.  
But be what may,  it helps me keep sane,
Through all my turmoils I cling to this safety chain.

At the end of a hard day or even at its beginning,
I want to be home doing something or nothing.  
I want to stay in bed and read or surf,
I even enjoy cleaning windows and such in my ‘turf’.

I can escape to dreamland,  think,  create,
If only I feel safe.  
I can cry,  more than laugh, without shame,
I can my thoughts truly liberate.

I can with friends feel connected,  
A theatre,  a cafe make us conscious,  feel disbanded.  
I can relate to another without society’s persuasion,
I find I need space as much as time to determine my opinion.

Don’t get me wrong,  society always persists,
Even in my sacred space it insidiously exists.  
But it seems easier at home to accept views contrary
To what was taught and what I’d thought, and to query.

My bed is ship, I the captain,
Guiding it to an yet unknown destination.
A destination of hope and happiness
Of prosperity,  of safety,  of oneness.

But can I convert the skills I seem to learn,
To make the world a better one,
To share,  to work, to change the world and me,
To converge and expand,  such that the outside as the inside, my home be?

Dreams I weave sitting on my bed,  
I get up,  dizzy,  but resolutely shed
My cocoon and march to greet on this day ahead,
This world I care so much about and the one I dread.

I know not what good I can do,
I know not if I will achieve what I set to,  
But I am inspired, I will try till I tire,
Then to this home and bed I will retire.

To regain energy and passion,
To indulge in calm reflection,
To rejuvenate to envision,
To emerge again with resolution.  

- Written on 18 August 2016.
- The article I refer to  
http://www.domain.com.au/advice/21-signs-your-home-is-your-best-friend-20160708-gq0r4d/ 
No. 15 is so me,  me,  me,  me.  :) 

No comments: