Thursday, March 19, 2015

For All You Saree Lovers

6 metres of cloth, amazingly versatile, 
As it adapts to so many a diverse style. 

The Bengali version with its dupatta style drape, 
The Gujarati, Marwari and such versions versions that the pallu the star make. 

The quintessential Indian fashion statement, 
That the bais, to the farmers, to the  AI hostesses to the top rung executives use as their primary adornment,

The Sari, the Saree, 
The showcasing of  beauty, 
The manifold styles flexibility, 
The through the ages durability, 
The all body types adaptability, 
The all weather conditions suitability, 
The symbol of power and vulnerability, 
Sexy, shy, revealing, veiling, the blessing, (my tragedy) - The SAREE. 

For all you Saree lovers. 👆

- Written on 18 March 2015
- A random whatsapp chat with my cousins led me to rant against the saree and many of them love it, so this was an apology of sorts. 
- I still HATE it for me. :) 

No comments: