Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Ill Again

Huddled under covers
Wrapped in layers
Wracked with high fevers
And with sneezes and coughs and tears.
Losing their crispness, these freshly washed sheets
As sweat and shivers destroy the washing machine's feats.

I would like to give up, but then see
My father, aged 73, plodding to office ceaselessly
My mother, a heart patient at 63, working tirelessly
And I resolve afresh to stop this self-pity.
So the bone-jarring coughs, the breathless sighs
Can do their worst, but I will continue the fights

Yes, it is hell, but I am getting well.
Of this travesty too, a merry tale I will tell.

-          - Written on 1 April 2015

-          - Self-Explanatory

1 comment:

ramesh said...

When the layers dissolve
When the fever devolve
When your energy re-evolve
Wish u can now give me a call

When the tiresome web clears
when the mercury, to rise, fears
when u can kick through like a Ninja
Make a trip now to Karanja

:-D