Monday, September 13, 2021

Self-Pity or Self-Care?

There is a fog in my head, 
I cannot hear or see
What my ears and eyes covey to me. 

There is a din that I hear
In the nothingness clouding my brain
Silence can be loud. Have you heard its refrain? 

There is an emptiness I so sorely feel
I see colours and yet everything feels grey
Is it the world or me that seems to be fading away? 

There is a mountain pressing my chest
It is difficult to breathe.
Exhale. Inhale. Difficult, but repeat. 

There is so much to do, my checklist awaits
Yet all I can do is write this rhyme
Complain, ironically, that I have no time. 

Yet, I regret not, these moments of self-pity
These are all that allow me to just BE. 
And find sanity in insanity, in chaos peace.

- Written on 13 Sep 2021. 
- Self-Explanatory. Am supposed to chase deadlines that I have no longer any energy for and no reason why I am so lethargic. 

No comments: