Monday, September 13, 2021

After a Hiatus - On Facebook -

I posted a request. I posted after a long time. Am touched by the number of people who helped me find translators and actively reached out. I am also touched by the many who asked why I had not been posting. I have been asked this earlier as well.

My Response in Verse (Bad verse strikes again 🙂)

I have been asked time and again
Why I have broken my posts chain.
Random ones on events occurring,
Of what some said or just pics and ramblings.

Why no post on the Covid-19 crisis?
And not on the Mizoram-Assam border conflict,
Not on Afghanistan nor the climate
Nor the Olympic wins. Why so quiet?

I have written, but I do not dare
My angsty pourings to so publicly share.
I have no patience for the comment or two awry
For someone to report me, for Facebook to block me.

And no I do not want to post
As it rains of having tea and toast.
Or a personal moment sad or happy
Does posting these bring the world closer to me?

The many deaths and illnesses among colleagues, friends and family.
The many births and recoveries that spread cheer in this time of difficulty.
The moments of escapism into worlds of fantasy
On TV and YouTube, in books and posts, in imagination roaming free.

Yes recording these and more might be useful, but what role then of memory?
The emotions felt, let them be.
In activism engage quietly
One-on-one converse sporadically.

On WhatsApp groups, On Telegram too
The promptness reduced.
The mails shorter and pointed
I can see some are worried, some disappointed.

This is a phase
Or may be a permanent change,
But as of now, this is me.
Sigh! Sharing takes up too much energy.

~ Anusha Ramanathan
And those who know me too well, will sigh and say, our peace is ruined, she has recovered some energy and will surely now yak away. 🤣
To them, I say, no, not yet. But I am recovering. Sympathies. 😜

- Written (mostly) on 29 August 2021. Posted on Facebook with some edits on 1 September 2021 in response to my request.
- Self-Explanatory.

An ex-student wrote the following as a response that touched me a lot. Thank you Souvik :)
Social commentary is tiring I agree
But requires patience like growing a tree
Remember the moment you had begun
Is the purpose now done?
Ur posts are like a beacon spreading light.
Most will be enlightened but some will put up a fight.
Do it for "your why"
Do it for those who are low or high
Do it for yourself
Your thoughts reach many and they help. 


No comments: