Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Bliss

Nothing to do.
Nothing to prove.
Comforting silences, 
Interspersed with conversation slices:
A platter of topics ranging far and wide
From dreams to Syria to birds to weight and height. 

No company better I know to keep.
No one I can more share thoughts and feelings deep.
I have friends close and family too, 
He fulfills both roles and so ably too. 

Just spending a few hours brings solace. 
The world is forgotten no matter the place. 
I wish time would forget its pace, 
When we meet, it would not so race. 

Much mirth, self-deprecatory jokes, 
Comments galore, each the other pokes, 
With understanding and wit
Every word, action is lit. 

Maybe I don't contribute as much,
But I treasure each word, action, touch,
This camaderie, this bond, 
May it better in years beyond. 

A perfect day, another one, 
To give me strength when I am undone. 
A better gift nowhere to be found, 
Hope more such days always abound. 

- 6 October 2015
- Thank you Easwar. 

 




No comments: