Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sometimes words

Sometimes the words come out
Wrong and what is intended 
Is not what is spout. 

Sometimes the words you spoke
Hurt those whom you
Love the most.

Sometimes you know the tears might stay
For some inner fears, doubts, 
They then betray. 

Sometimes these words cannot be back taken
Howmuchever you 
Wish them unheard, unspoken. 

Sometimes then all you can wish for
Is what you have always relied on
Through Life's furore.

Sometimes then the mercy of friends
Makes you feel relieved, 
Small yet big, and shaken.

Sometimes words hurt in the aftermath
The 'sayer' as much as the one
They consigned to a bloodbath. 

Sometimes words spoken 
Test bonds of love, hopefully strengthen, 
And teach a valuable lesson. 

Sometimes words make you dig deeply
For courage to apologise abjectly
For love to accept the 'I am sorry'.

Sometimes words show you
How unthinking you are in taking for granted
The love of those closest to you.

- Written on 23 January 2015. 
- I spoke without thinking what was to be a joke, the words though hurt my closest friend. 
- Made me anew realise, 
How often I speak before I analyse. 
Not an excuse that I meant not the joke,
Never a good reason to another's hurt poke. 
But I have good friends who forgive easily,
With such friends I am blessed indeed. 

No comments: