Saturday, October 10, 2020

The Digital Din

Said a little bird "I wish, I wish
Do this, do that, and be time rich. 
A day has just so many hours
So much of it on the laptop for the work farce. 
Then the mobile with us toys. 
There is just so much noise. 

The notifications get my attention. 
Then Telegram pops-up with one more question. 
The pages of the book drew me in, 
Kept me cocooned away from this din. 

Yet, I wonder why I can't cope. 
With more platforms, why do I only mope. 
More time I need perhaps
Should not let my attention lapse."

But no, what you need, is to relax.
To trust yourself to be on the right track.
Let the mind absorb at a speed that suits it. 
The world marches to its own beat, let it. 
Why join the crowd, when you are unique.
Why berate yourself for needing peace.

- Written on 6 October 2020.
- A student of mine was wishing for more time to spend on thr course. He seemed to be doing quite enough to us teachers but somehow his simply expressed desire struck me to write this for him, but also applies to all of us. 

No comments: