Monday, January 01, 2018

2017. The year that was...

2017. The year that was...
For me, personally, total chaos.

I kickstarted it professionally with new developments, 
Then periodically halted to take stock of health. 

I fulfilled a dream and went to the Biennale in Kochi,
But more I connected better with family.

The professional scene changed hues galore, 
The old, the new, together but did not fit in a complete core. 

On a personal front, I claim 02 beauties, 
Two wonderful nieces added to my blessings bounties. 

Friends and family found new trajectories, 
Some got married, some awards, transfers, PhDs, some babies. :) 

Missed opportunities to bond better, 
Some relationships changed, with others I became closer. 

Goals and deadlines have more often been not met, 
There is happiness tinged with sadness and a tiredness relentless. 

It has been exhilarating, confounding and debilitating,
I still am not sure of the path I am treading.

But 2017 you have had me introspecting, 
I think this has been a year of metamorphing. 

The process is not yet complete, I feel I am in stasis, 
But then this too is a part of chrysalis. 

2017, you have me perplexed yet grateful, 
Your largesse has been nebulous yet bountiful. 

- 1 January 2018
- Self-explanatory. 


No comments: