Monday, May 29, 2017

My Views on India as on 28 May 2017

Yesterday, I was asked a series of questions that got me pondering. One was do I share my thoughts on Social Media and I realised it had been sometime before I stuck my neck out. :)

So FB asks me each time I log in `What's on your mind?` and I am answering that question today here :) 

Softly goes the day, 
Fading sun rays, 
Birds chirping merrily, 
Celebrating the cool night's incoming. 

Friends touch base
With all the news and paintings, it's tough to keep pace. 
Lectures enlighten and students delight, 
One does wish, one were more able and bright. 

Yet a thought haunts
'Of India, for India, what are your wants?'

Is it the ad that promotes financial advancement
Saving in mutual funds will lead to betterment? 
Is it the one with the transgender mother
The one in which the daughter decides her own future? 
Is it the self-congratulatory tone of Swacch Bharat Abhiyan
Having achieved a sense of unity, even if cleanliness needs way more "dhyan".

Is India my fear of poverty of food and water, of basic amenities? 
Is India my fear of bias againt groups, against minorities (or majorities)? 
Is India my fear of ignorance of new ideas, of valid concerns? 
Is India my fear of obstinacy to stick to path no matter the outcomes? 

Or is India the resilient idea not limited by a nation's boundary? 
Is India the youth that accept no restrictions real or imaginary? 
Is India the people bound by values of only humanity? 
Is India the home of the free, of beauty? 

No comments: