Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Voices in My Head

Today is a day we celebrate Triumph
Of Good over Evil, 
Of Strength over Fear
Of Wisdom over Ignorance
Of Prosperity over Poverty. 
Of Unity over Solitariness 
Of Happiness over Sadness. 

This day I take to thank you all.
You stood by me in my dark hours. 
You gave me solace, whispered (or shouted) advice
Your presence made me strong and wise. 

"You Whiner! Get over your self-pity
You have talent that you use sparingly. 
You need to get off your fat butt NOW
Make your mark in the world, so people will to you bow. 
And when you do, share your reward
For I was the one who kicked you to make me proud."

"You are never alone,
Just pick up the phone. 
A shoulder, an ear, 
Always here. 
Whatever you need, you will be given.
Whatever your fear, here is a haven.
I have faith in you, but you need to do more,
You need to bring, not your doubts, but your abilities to the fore."

"I sympathise. You are suffering.
I know pain and the doubts that it brings.
But I know you too. You have so much,
Your knowledge should be your crutch.
Just go for it and stay healthy, 
Eat good food, rest plenty." 

"Hola! I know I ain't near you there
But I hold you in my prayer
Just be strong, stay tall and proud, 
You can do it. Never doubt." 

"What nonsense! You are insane, totally mad.
What is wrong with you that you are sad?
Just chill, drink a beer and smoke pot,
Then you will know how much you have got.
Seriously, jokes apart, 
You are good, and you work hard. 
Success is there, it just takes time. 
As for misery, ride ON it, make the Devil thine." 

"Hey! You gave me advice
Told me to stay strong and wise
Now you are plagued with self-doubt? 
Not done girl! Trust your heart. 
Go all out and I know you will achieve
Unparalleled success and fame. Just you believe. 
Write, publish, teach.
Everything you desire is within your reach." 

"More pathos?! You know the truth NOT!
Live my life and you will know it is what. 
I have the world's illnesses, but I look beyond
I have the worst luck, but I work it out. 
You need to get out and think better,
Stop being a typical and do SMART work.
Learn from others and you will realise your worth."

"Why you stay in this rut, I will never know. 
Just get out here (or elsewhere). Explore. Go with the flow.
Stop being satisfied with the mediocre, the meagre.   
To help you prosper, I am more than eager." 

"Giraffeji, Namaste!
What pearl of wisdom do you share today? 
Why don't you exploit your talent?
Why make yourself (and us) lament? 
There is so much you can do, 
I know it already, Teach, when will you?!"

"Godiva, thou shalt shine in the annals of history
As the one to contest the Rani of Jhansi in the stake for intrepidity. 
However, foolish one, must you always
Cry on thus, instead of mending your ways? 
Work less, rest more, stop relying on your vial.
Set an example, realise your potential.
Eiffel tower, stop leaning. 
Stop excogitating. Start doing." 

Each has spoken, 
Some, of course, more often. 
Each has helped me chart my course
Thank you for your faith and kicks
As I navigate through life's tricks. 

Thank you one and all. 

Gratfeul,
Anusha

- Written on 13 November 2012, Diwali Day this year. 
- Self Explanatory. 
- Who? They, whom the stanzas are dedicated to, will know. Privacy maintained, Love acknowledged :) 

No comments: