Friday, May 14, 2010

Passing Fad

On the right side of my window is a skyscraper
An ad that beckons me to the Himalayan treasure.
Just below is an offer
For weight loss - a medical wonder.
Another window provides
Links to restaurants with epicurean delights.

All I want is to respond to my mail,
But in closing these boxes, in that I fail.
Watch a drab soap opera on TV
There is the squeeze back to tempt the greedy.
News channels have a subscription ad
I regret this is here to stay, this "passing fad".

"What do I do then?" - I enjoy
The soul destroying creativity that's deployed.

- Written on 14 May 2010
- Self Explanatory. Am tired of pop-ups, squeeze backs, tickers for ads and so on, but c'est la vie so am trying to appreciate the ingenuity.

1 comment:

Easwar Subramanian said...

Of things mundane and evoking pleasures pure and bright! Berating and submitting to routines daily and contrite.
In touch with dear ones a pleasure that forces deprive,
Submissive to pleasures deployed,but hey sis! in the world of creativity you have already ARRIVED!