Friday, December 29, 2006

Laudable Achievement




I wonder if cats laud each other,
During community meetings and social get-togethers;
That in spite of living amongst people and rats
They haven’t forgotten how to be cats?

I wonder if the dogs howling at night
Are in fact applauding each other for being so bright;
That in spite of the best efforts by humans to tame them,
Their doggy qualities they have not forgotten.

I see a few smiles, I hear a few laughs.
Is what I am saying so absurd after all?

Do we not so very often hear cries
Of how only in India all religions thrive;
Of how Hindus and Muslims are like brothers,
In spite of those who induce terror;
Of how laudable it is about our country,
That amongst a billion plus people survives humanity?

- Written on 28th December 2006
- Well this is what happens when I see stupid programmes on TV like the stupid person I am ;)

1 comment:

Easwar Subramanian said...

Not stupid.
But if look at it the other way may be humans were never born to be brothers,so it indeed is a big thing to be united et al!

May be it was an acquired trait!