Friday, October 27, 2006

A Father’s Appeal


Wrong is Wrong and Right is Right.
If with words you cannot realize
I will show you with might.

Forget Gandhigiri, forget maxims of peace
Of trying to make you see sense lovingly, I am weary.
You must be punished for not following my lead.

What I do, I do for your own good.
You do not realize this now though you should.
To follow your right instincts allow I would,

But, you are still young and know not the world’s ways
So, you must be made to obey.
I cannot allow you any gainsay.

You know I’ve stopped you before.
It wasn’t clipping of wings to stop you soar.
It was only because from life’s pitfalls I didn’t want you sore.

I have only your best interests at heart
To guide you is my loving duty and I am doing my part.
For life’s journey I am gifting you the very best start.

Now no more tears or pleas.
No more lamenting that you want to be free.
At the end of life’s journey, I know you will thank me.

Fine! I give you a choice. How can I deny you?
You must marry the boy I choose
Or else all Hell will break loose.
- Written on 26 October 2006.
- Well read this with a sense of humour guys.
As for why I wrote it i was in a filthy mood. And now I am not. I would never have published this one on this page if not for my friend Dharam. so Dharam on your head be it ;)

No comments: