Saturday, June 11, 2022

The Best Place

Home is a feeling not just a place, 
The feeling of comfort and love and being safe.
It is the sheer acceptance of loved ones,
The readjusting of schedules in silence. 
Acceding to a different palate, different tastes. 
Late night talks despite a hectic work pace. 
Thoughtful planning to take precious offs,
Sharing, probing, caring through interactions all.
Letting be, letting in the other into one's personal space.
A place to belong, people warm: a home, when you find it, is the best place.

Thank you for sharing your home with me.
It has become mine too in my memories. :)

- Began on 7 June. (1st 4 lines). Completed on 11 June 2022 the rest.

- I had something else in mind, but some turbulence in the plane took my mind away. 

- This is inspired by my primary hosts in the City of Joy. 

No comments: