Saturday, June 11, 2022

A New Angel in Heaven

A smile on her face and greeted us at the door. 
I looked away blinking furiously at the floor. 

I could still not believe 
We had come to grieve
The death of one so young, sweet sixteen. 
The garland around the photo frame needed to be seen.

She hugged me tight, I hugged her tight too.
I had lost someone recently, but this loss should be taboo.
How does one lose a child and cope?
Yet, as I knew she would, she showed.

With grace, with tears, with smiles and memories
Of cakes baked, videos shared and dogs and puppies.
At the door she sent us off, recommending bird watching. 
I remembered that flamingoes in Aztec tradition represent healing. 

I prayed the family may together find peace
Also a note to an angel above to lovingly guide the new one be at ease.

- Written on 21 May 2022.
- A friend, an ex-colleague, lost her daughter in a freak accident. We went to visit her. 

No comments: